Executive Women in IT (EWIT) Community of Practice
The Council’s EWIT community of practice (COP) was created for and is driven by female IT executive members who share a passion for advancing women in leadership.
This community of CIO Council members provides peer-advisory and opportunities for female leaders to raise their visibility within the profession and influence current and future generations of women in business. They work to inspire younger generations and grow the pipeline of diverse talent for organizations to leverage. The Council’s EWIT COP includes a series of face-to-face meetings and webcasts, outreach and partnership programs, and insightful content developed by C-level executives.
EWIT Leadership Connection
This community harnesses the leadership from the Council’s EWIT COP and extends beyond the IT arena and beyond the traditional Council membership. EWIT Leadership Connection offers leadership development opportunities for all female leaders navigating the challenges of career advancement.
Participants gain career guidance and a powerful network of female executives that consist of like-minded peers who support you whether you’re a seasoned pro or if you’re actively working on the next steps in your career. As a participant of the EWIT Leadership Connection, you’ll experience camaraderie and access to a powerful network of leaders who have overcome many of the same challenges you face:
- Advancing your career
- Building a cross-industry network
- Receiving guidance, opportunity and advice
- Learning from successful C-level women executives
- Gain visibility outside your organization
EWIT Leadership Connection Participants
Participants range from CXOs to VPs to directors and managers. They come from varied backgrounds and industries to create a dynamic and supportive network. You’ll gain access to a network of 400+ leaders who are available for advice and support in business, personal growth and life balance.
What do I get from EWIT Leadership Connection community?
- Webcast Series - Annual series focused on leadership development, career advancement
- Resources – Leadership development presentations and recordings, self-assessment tools, benchmark data, and communications on industry trends and developments.
- Newsletter - (Quarterly) Features include in-person and virtual event takeaways, upcoming networking event and spotlight interviews with the women of EWIT.
- Community – Online community via LinkedIn, which provides participants with unparalleled access to cross-industry expertise
- In-Person Engagement – Private sessions hosted at CIO Executive Council, Computerworld, and CIO Magazine sponsored events.
As a group we identify the realities of career advancement, inspiring and teaching the best practices of successful C-level females who have overcome challenges of their industry and taken charge of their careers. We employ new tactics that boost confidence, provide a broad view of the business, and exercise our highly collaborative spirit while balancing all we choose to enjoy in life."
Pam Stenson, SVP & GM, CIO Executive Council, Chair
Executive Women in IT (EWIT)